Flipkart Deal of the Day

College girl dies after park drink

Ranchi, July 28: A second-year arts student of Ranchi College died under mysterious circumstances after consuming a soft drink at Rock Garden while her friend is still fighting for life.

Seema Singh Yadav (24) and friend Kavita Kumari (22) were both admitted at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) after they vomited several times at the park around 1pm today. Seema died at the hospital while Kavita is still critical.

The management of Rock Garden and officials of Gonda police station admitted the incident took place this afternoon. But city superintendent of police A. Vijayalaxmi refused to comment saying that she was yet to collect statements on the matter.

Doctors at RIMS believe it to be a case of poisoning. "But we cannot be sure of anything unless we carry out the post-mortem," said chief medical officer of RIMS, Umesh Prasad.

Family sources said that Seema and Kavita had started from their homes in Chiraundi village of Morhabadi area around 11am. They told their families that they were going to attend computer classes at Panchwati Plaza. But instead of going to their classes, they went to Rock Garden and had some soft drinks there.

"After they took soft drink from a stall at Rock Garden, they felt uneasy and began vomiting," a visitor at Rock Garden said requesting anonymity.

Manager of Rock Garden, Ramadhir Singh, denied having any information on the consumption of soft drinks in this incident. "The girls were seen vomiting and were taken to the hospital. We did not notice any soft drinks around them. I do not even have any information on sale of poisonous soft drinks at our garden stall. If it had been so, more people would have suffered," he said.

Singh said that Seema was a permanent resident of Dhanbad. "When we found the girls unconscious, we called her residence from one her cell phone. Her sister in Dhanbad had received the call," he said.

Family sources said Seema was married to Pappu Singh Yadav, who worked as a daily wage earner in the science and technology department at Nepal House this April. Seema's mother Pushpa Devi also worked at the industry department at Nepal House, family sources said.

Kavita, who is undergoing treatment, is the daughter of a retired Ranchi University employee. Source:telegraphindia

Post a Comment
All Rights Reserved
Contact Us